Sunday 18 March 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: RIMMEL PRO MATTE FINISH MATTIFYING TOPCOAT


It's Mothers Day today in the UK and I enjoyed a lovely couple of hours to myself so I thought I would try out a new product I recently purchased.
The product is called Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat and it claims to Give a velvety 'Matte Finish' over your nail polish!

I love any kind of nail design so I’ve decided to include a real quick easy tutorial to demonstrate the use of this product and whether it stands up to that claim!

All you will need is the following products plus your favourite base and glossy top coat.


Firstly paint your nails as normal.  Base Coat + Colour + Glossy Top Coat

For my colour I have chosen to use one of my favourite Reds by Chanel Le Varnis Nail Colour in 159 FIRE
For the next step - With the Perfect nail tip stickers place a sticker carefully across the end of each nail covering this area entirely. Your nails must be fully dry before doing this!
Once the stickers are in place, paint the visible part of the nail with the Rimmel Matte Topcoat.

Don’t worry if you paint over the stickers as these are there to prevent the product to cover that area as all will hopefully be revealed when the stickers are removed!

As you paint with the topcoat you will see it still looks glossy until it starts to dry when it becomes that velvety matte finish.

Wait for it to dry thoroughly and then carefully remove the stickers 

There you go! Lovely glossy Red French Tips just what I hoped for...
This product and the stickers could be used for a number of designs with all different colours.

The only slight problem I found is the matte topcoat is quite thick and really you only need a very thin layer as although it looked and felt quite dry when I removed the stickers it did lift the varnish a little. My advice is to really leave it to dry for a while to prevent any scuffs or dents.

Let me know if you've tried this brand or any others similar?

Love Jo
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© JO COLETTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig