Wednesday 13 June 2012

HOBS SALON REVIEW & 50% OFF A COLOUR & CUT FOR MY BLOG READERS!

I'm forever changing my hair colour going from really dark to adding a few highlights and then before I know it I'm blonde with dark roots and deciding whether I should go back dark again! 

I wanted a bit of a change and something quite low maintenance as I don't always have the time to get my hair done with juggling work and a family. 

I have been using a well known large chain salon for a few years now but always felt at each appointment I was on a conveyor belt and being rushed. The money you sometimes have to pay for your hair now it should be an enjoyable and relaxing experience and not seem like a chore.

I decided to try somewhere new and made an appointment with a salon called HOBS which is not far from me in North London.

HOBS hairdressers have been focused on the needs of clients for over 25 years with each salon offering a wide range of cut, colour and hair care services.  All HOBS staff are trained at the HOB London Academy and they currently have 23 award winning salons which are open 7 days a week with selected late night openings.

So here's my experience...

I popped into HOBS Southgate Salon prior to my appointment for a consultation with a lovely lady called Ozzie who's the Salon Manager.

At my consultation I had some pictures of J Lo's hair with me and explained I wanted some subtle Highlights like hers but something which wasn't really going to notice when my roots started to show.

Ozzie explained to me that I could have Balayage highlights with an all over colour which     J Lo had in the picture. What's Balayage I hear you ask?  Balayage is a hair colouring technique which is designed to create very natural-looking highlights which grow out without developing a noticeable and obvious root. The word “balayage” is French for “to sweep,” a reference to the way in which the colour is applied. This was perfect!! Finally a technique where there was no rush in the near future to get my roots done! 

After having a 48 hour skin test for the colour I was back in a few days for my Colour & Cut appointment with Ozzie.

Here's my before, during and after pictures...

Before - Brassy mis match of colours with Roots!

Before - Rats tails spring to mind!
During...

Balayage highlights are added with foils

All over colour is applied to the remaining hair whilst the foils are still left in

After my new Colour, Cut & Blowdry


What did I think about my experience at HOBS?

Service:
I can't fault the service I received at HOBS from start to finish.  Everyone was really friendly in the salon yet still very professional.  It was a very calm, stylish and relaxing atmosphere and when the colour was developing I wasn't forgotten about sat somewhere in the corner.  I was asked regulary if I was OK, wanted a drink or if I would like any magazines while I was waiting.
When my hair was ready to be washed I was asked to be seated in a chair and my legs were elevated by a built in foot rest.  I was then treated to a scalp massage by the assistant and a electronic back massage by the chair .  

Hair Colour & Cut
AMAZING!! My hair has never looked so good and the colours are perfect.  I know that where the all over colour is a near match to my own colour I won't have to rush back to the salon in a few weeks to get my roots done.  The highlights are just subtle enough and blend really well with the rest of the colour.

I had about an inch off the length and my layers and Ozzie created this beautiful curly blowdry which shows the definition of the highlights perfectly.

Since my visit to the salon many friends and clients have noticed my hair and I get complimented regulary.

50% OFF FOR MY READERS!!
For all my Blog readers & followers, HOBS in Southgate are offering an amazing 50% off your first cut and/or colour service with their Salon Manager Ozzie. The offer is valid Monday - Thursday only and for those of you who require a colouring service.  A skin test and consultation is required minimum 48 hours prior to the appointment. .
Here's their full address and contact details:
HOBS 42 Chaseside, Southgate, London N14 5PA Tel No:020 8886 1121 http://www.hobsalons.com/salons/southgate.php

All you need to do to receive this fantastic offer is quote my name Jo Coletta Blog when enquiring and booking.

I would love to hear back from those who'll be trying them out! and even better to see your before and after pictures? Please email them to me at jo@jocolettabeauty.com.

Love Jo x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© JO COLETTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig