Saturday 9 June 2012

MY HOLIDAY MAKEUP & BEAUTY ESSENTIALS


Just getting ready to pack for my holiday this weekend so here’s a little look into my travel makeup and beauty bag…

Makeup Bag
Even though I love to apply makeup on others and have stacks of it in my kit, my makeup bag proves to be very different! I’m not one to really wear that much especially on holiday. So here’s the items I like to take with me:
 
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser  - This is very light which I prefer the feel to on my skin but it still balances my skin out nicely and adds a healthy glow. Perfect for while I’m away as it contains a SPF20 and I tend to have a couple of colours to blend if my skin tone changes colour
Laura Mercier Golden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc - This I wear when I want that holiday glow, I just powder lightly to all the sun kissed areas of my face & body but alternatively I also use the different segments separately for eyeshadows and highlighters.
Laura Mercier Cheek Colour – This is lovely just to apply to the highest points of the cheek bones as it gives a very subtle dewy look.
Mac Eye Kohl Teddy – This is my favourite brown coloured eye pencil, as I can line the inner/outer of my eye and if outer can smudge a little for an evening look.  I also blend it all over my eye as a cream base before applying eyeshadow to prevent creasing.
Mac Nude Eye Kohl Pencil - This I line the inner waterline of my eye with to make my eyes appear brighter.  
Laura Mercier Mascara 
Powder Brush & Eyeshadow Brush from Real Techniques
Lip Brush - MAC
HD Brows Tweezers & Brow Beater Gel
Here’s my selection of holiday lipsticks that I take with me which I can also blend (left to right)
MAC: Blankerty
Shu Uemura: 520
MAC: Morange
MAC: Redd
MAC: Snob
MAC: Rebel
Laura Mercier Natural Lipgloss

Beauty Essentials:
I really love the Elemis Pro-Collagen Range and where I buy the full sizes throughout the year I tend to always receive a gift which contains the travel sizes.  I put these away as these are great for when I go away on holiday or weekend/overnight breaks.  Here's what I use...
Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser - This anti-ageing cream cleanser is purifying and balancing and really deeply moisturises my skin.
Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner - Lifts away all traces of cleanser and soothes my skin.
Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator Gel exfoliator which is gentle enough to be used daily, leaving my skin silky soft and conditioned. I use this twice a week.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift Serum - Stimulates cell renewal & really gives me a little lift!
Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream 50ml - Really hydrates and moisturises my skin.  Also reduces the appearance of wrinkles. 
Elemis Exotic Cream Moisturising Mask - Really lovely deep moisturising mask which I use twice a week.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Lifting Treatment Neck and Bust - Clinically proven to reduce skin crêpiness & increase skin firmness
Elemis Liquid Layer Sunblock SPF 30 - Water resistant SPF 30 protection against UVA, UVB rays and pollution.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Body Cream - This body cream moisturises and tones my skin leaving it lovely and smooth and looking firmer.
Hair Care - I like to take a treatment with me so I use Kérastase Travel size Shampoo and conditioner (not pictured) and for daily use after washing my hair I apply Kérastase ELIXIR (pictured).  This makes my hair feel really soft and amazing. Great for giving me that natural beach wavy look.

Love Jo x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© JO COLETTA. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig